What's ‘in’ in Japan 03 : Bilingual Exchange Session
"Money -The Mystery of "Cash in Japan"- ニッポンの現金主義"
◆ Date Tuesday, October 27th | RESERVE
◆ Time 7:45pm~ 9:45pm (the class STARTS at 7:45pm!!)
◆ Venue Yotsuya Chiiki Center (四谷地域センター）Room 2 （集会室2）
87,Naito-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 5-minute walk from 2 exit,
Shinjuku Gyoenmae station, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line
◆ October’s focus: "Money -The Mystery of "Cash in Japan"- ニッポンの現金主義"
- Why do Japanese people prefer to carry cash?
- How often do you go to the ATM?
- Do you prefer cash, check, travelers' checks, debit cards, or credit cards?
- Do you prefer to go into the bank or bank online?
- Do you have a debit/credit card?
- How do you carry money abroad?
- What do you think of Japan being a "cash society" as opposed to America which is a "credit society"?
- Do you think more places in Japan are making a switch to accept forms of payment other than cash?
To get some perspective on the subject, check out: "Why do Japanese people on Cash basis?"
(from 18:46m~), which shows the mystery and background of "Cash in Japan"!
*Rediscover Japan : http://www.tbs.co.jp/nippon-deban/
◆ What’s ‘in’ in Japan - is a monthly bilingual session (usually the 4th Tuesday night in Ebisu)
for Japanese and Non-Japanese people in Tokyo to get together and learn about various topics related to JAPAN from its history to the latest trend/culture where you feel free to speak your native language or Japanese in a multicultural setting. There is always a hidden backgrounds for that hot issue, which may be the cultural things, customs, people's minds, Samurai spirits, weather and so on... Let's share ideas in a cozy atmosphere and meeting new people, and feel more Live and Real Japan!
◆ Language Any language
◆ Participation Fee 1,000 yen *Please bring your own drinks and food (dinner)
* We don’t want your tummies rumbling :)
- Open 7:45m Lighting Talk (Self-Introduction), Language Exchange
- Around 8:00pm Fun Conversation and discussion with slides
- Around 9:40pm Close
◆ Schedule (on every fourth Tuesdays night)
- October 27th : Money
- November 24th : Lifestyle
* Schedule and topics are flexible..