What's ‘in’ in Japan 02 : Bilingual Exchange Session "Unique Japanese Fashion"
◆ Date Tuesday, September 15th | RESERVE
◆ Time 7:30pm~ 9:30pm (the class STARTS at 7:30pm!!)
◆ Venue Terakoya Buddha LAB (寺子屋ブッダLAB)
3-23-3, Higashi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
4-minute walk from West exit, Ebisu station, JR or Hibiya line
◆ September’s focus: "What is Unique Japanese FASHION?"
- How do you stay on trend when fashion is constantly changing?
- The evolution of fashion in Japan has transitioned from traditional style to western influence.
- Tokyo is seen as a fashion capital of the world but no one is ever quite sure if the trends radiate
from the city center or if outside trends become famous in the fashion mecca.
Come discuss Japanese fashion from wafuku to Harajuku street style.
・Wafuku (Kimono, Yukata, Jinbei)
・Street fashion (Harajuku, Ikebukuro, Aoyama, Shirogaze)
・Fast fashion (ZARA, H&M, Gap and Uniqlo)
・High brands fashion (Yoji Yamamoto, KENZO, Hanae Mori etc)
・School fashion (uniform, bag, socks etc)
・Kawaii vs. Cool
・What is New trend?
- Fascinating Japanese Fashion
- A foreigners take on Japanese fasihon
- How have fashion trends changed over the years in your home country?
- Do you keep up with current fashion trends?
- Where do you like to shop in Japan?
- What Japanese fashion trends have shocked you?
- How do you define your individual style?
◆ What’s ‘in’ in Japan - is a monthly bilingual session (usually the 4th Tuesday night in Ebisu)
for Japanese and Non-Japanese people in Tokyo to get together and learn about various topics related to JAPAN from its history to the latest trend/culture where you feel free to speak your native language or Japanese in a multicultural setting. There is always a hidden backgrounds for that hot issue, which may be the cultural things, customs, people's minds, Samurai spirits, weather and so on... Let's share ideas in a cozy atmosphere and meeting new people, and feel more Live and Real Japan!
◆ Language Any language
◆ Participation Fee 1,000 yen *Please bring your own drinks and food (dinner)
* We don’t want your tummies rumbling :)
- Open 7:20pm Lighting Talk (Self-Introduction), Language Exchange
- Around 8:00pm Fun Conversation with slides
- Around 9:30pm Close
◆ Schedule (on every fourth Tuesdays night)
- September 15th : Fashion
- October 27th : Money
- November 24th : Lifestyle
* Schedule and topics are flexible..
◆ How to Reserve | HERE
◆ Our Partners
寺子屋ブッダ : http://www.tera-buddha.net/
まちのお寺の学校 : http://www.machitera.net/